Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday bloggin': What's On The Bench?

As a break from all the super serial metalsmithing I've been doing of late, I decided to make some assembled pieces:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I am torn about selling them! Intellectually I realize they're just a jumbled motley of vintage scarf clips and old chains, but... they're just so darn pretty and I won't ever be able to duplicate them exactly. On the other hand, a few more sales wouldn't hurt me any. My little raven eyes are going to get me in trouble with collecting all the shinies one of these days...

I will definitely be selling this piece, however, as much as I like it:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sterling silver, cultured pearl, on a (commercial) neckwire. I'm very happy with it, smooth and sophisticated I think. If this one sells I will certainly make more.

3 comments:

  1. They're all really pretty, but the pearl is awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the different chains- such a great textural element. and the pearl piece is beautifully intriguing.

    hard to let go of all the shiny pretties, but one can only wear so much, yes?

    ReplyDelete