Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A happy silver family. :D

Remember this?

Finished it today, just in time to present to Mrs. Helpful-friend-of-the-family for Mother's Day.

The S and K are the Mama and Papa, and the small s, o and a are the kidlets, with their birthstones or reasonable substitutes thereof (aventurine, amethyst and citrine).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There are some weird reflections in the high shine of the silver -- it's all been buffed mirror smooth. The perils of taking pictures outside! Note to self... light box for shop photos, always. ;)

And a happy upcoming Mother's Day to the mamas who may be reading. <3

4 comments:

  1. Wow that is amazing. A lot of hard work went into this..it is beautiful.

    anji

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remain blown away by the design of this piece. you know, you should advertise custom pieces like this, it is outstandingly special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anji, nice to see you here! I love your work and I follow your blog even if I don't often comment. Thank you for the praise... it *was* an incredibly time-consuming piece, more than it looks as I am fiddly about getting in every nook and cranny with the polish. :D Ta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mermaiden, you are right as always... I'm kind of rassling with myself about offering stuff like this custom, though. It is SO time consuming, and I kind of want to save it for the sparklies in my life. Not that I don't love and value my straight-up customers! :D

    I wish Etsy had a portfolio section I could post pics of my "possible" work! Flickr gives me headaches. :/

    ReplyDelete